2010 Drama/Suspense Rated R 108 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 3, 2010
Wide on Dec 17
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||March 29, 2011|
|On DVD||March 29, 2011|
BLACK SWAN follows the story of Nina (Natalie Portman), a ballerina in the New York City Ballet trying to make it to the top. When artistic director Thomas Leroy (Vincent Cassel) decides to replace prima ballerina Beth MacIntyre (Winona Ryder) for the opening production of their new season, Swan Lake, Nina is his first choice. But a new dancer, Lily (Mila Kunis), also impresses Leroy and becomes Nina’s competition. Nina fits the White Swan role perfectly with her innocence and grace, but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan with her fiery personality. As the two young dancers expand their rivalry into a twisted friendship, Nina begins to get more in touch with her dark side with a recklessness that threatens to destroy her.
Rated R for strong sexual content, disturbing violent images, language and some drug use.
Box office gross: $106.9 million. View box office history.
Released by Fox Searchlight. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'The Super' isn't all that super
- Darren Aronofsky reveals original idea for 'Black Swan'
- Double Wide Trailers: 'Friends with Benefits'
- 'The King's Speech' and 'Inception' are the big Oscar winners
- When movie posters speak the truth
- 'The King's Speech' leads this year's Oscar nominations with 12