2011 Comedy/Drama Rated R 115 Minutes
|In Theaters||November 18, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||March 13, 2012|
|On DVD||March 13, 2012|
From Alexander Payne, the creator of the Oscar-winning SIDEWAYS, set in Hawaii, THE DESCENDANTS is a sometimes humorous, sometimes tragic journey for Matt King (George Clooney) an indifferent husband and father of two girls, who is forced to re-examine his past and embrace his future when his wife suffers a boating accident off of Waikiki. The event leads to a rapprochement with his young daughters while Matt wrestles with a decision to sell the family’s land handed down from Hawaiian royalty and missionaries.
Rated R for language including some sexual references.
Box office gross: $82.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Fox Searchlight. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Classic Hollywood rules Oscars as 'The Artist', 'Hugo' are big winners
- 'Hugo' scores big with 11 Oscar nominations
- 'The Artist' is top dog at the Golden Globes
- Critic Roger Ebert picks his 20 best films of 2011
- Golden Globes heap nominations on movies that have two-word titles starting with 'The'
- The AFI picks its best of 2011 and singles out 'The Artist' for no good reason