2014 Family/Comedy/Fantasy Rated PG 102 Minutes
|In Theaters||June 13, 2014|
|On 4K UHD||January 22, 2019|
|On Blu-ray||November 11, 2014|
|On DVD||November 11, 2014|
The thrilling second chapter of the epic HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON trilogy brings us back to the fantastical world of Hiccup and Toothless five years after the two have successfully united dragons and vikings on the island of Berk. While Astrid, Snoutlout and the rest of the gang are challenging each other to dragon races (the island's new favorite contact sport), the now inseparable pair journey through the skies, charting unmapped territories and exploring new worlds. When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Now, Hiccup and Toothless must unite to stand up for what they believe while recognizing that only together do they have the power to change the future of both men and dragons.
Rated PG for adventure action and some mild rude humor.
Box office gross: $177.0 million. View box office history.
Released by Fox and DreamWorks. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Birdman' soars high at the Oscars
- 'Boyhood' and 'Birdman' lead this year's Oscar nominations
- 'Boyhood' is all grown up with Golden Globes wins
- 'Birdman' soars with seven Golden Globe nominations
- Monday Morning Mixer: '22 Jump Street' owns the block
- Our Predictions: Don't 'Mock' 2014, 'Hunger' will rule supreme again