2013 Drama Rated PG-13 132 Minutes
|In Theaters||August 16, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||January 14, 2014|
|On DVD||January 14, 2014|
THE BUTLER tells the story of a White House butler who served eight American presidents over three decades. The film traces the dramatic changes that swept American society during this time, from the civil rights movement to Vietnam and beyond, and how those changes affected this man's life and family. Forest Whitaker stars as the butler with Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, James Marsden as John F. Kennedy, Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson, and many more. Academy Award nominated Lee Daniels (PRECIOUS) directs and co-wrote the script with Emmy-award winning Danny Strong (GAME CHANGE).
Rated PG-13 for some violence and disturbing images, language, sexual material, thematic elements and smoking.
Box office gross: $116.6 million. View box office history.
Released by The Weinstein Company. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Tears & laughter: A look back at life & Robin Williams
- 'Gravity' and 'Hustle' in old-fashioned Oscars tussle
- 'Slave' and 'Hustle' lead Golden Globe noms; 'Butler' shut out
- Monday Morning Mixer: Magneto officiates Professor X's wedding
- Project 52: 'Lee Daniels' The Butler'
- Monday Morning Mixer: MTV VMAs are the talk of the weekend