2014 Drama/Crime/Suspense Rated R 118 Minutes
|In Theaters||October 31, 2014|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||February 10, 2015|
|On DVD||February 10, 2015|
NIGHTCRAWLER is a pulse-pounding thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Lou Bloom, a driven young man desperate for work who discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism. Finding a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, Lou muscles into the cut-throat, dangerous realm of nightcrawling -- where each police siren wail equals a possible windfall and victims are converted into dollars and cents. Aided by Rene Russo as Nina, a veteran of the blood-sport that is local TV news, Lou blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story.
Rated R for violence, bloody images, and language.
Box office gross: $32.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Universal and Open Road Films. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Birdman' soars high at the Oscars
- 'Boyhood' and 'Birdman' lead this year's Oscar nominations
- 'Boyhood' is all grown up with Golden Globes wins
- 'Birdman' soars with seven Golden Globe nominations
- Monday Mixer: 'Clerks III' is taking shape
- It's baaaack! Comic Con returns and the goodies start droppin'