1997 Comedy/Romance Rated R 113 Minutes
|In Theaters||April 4, 1997|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||Not Available|
Holden McNeil and Banky Edwards are lifelong friends and writers-illustrators of the hit comic book "Bluntman and Chronic" which is based on two acquaintances of theirs, Jay and Silent Bob. At a comic book convention, Holden and Banky meet Alyssa Jones and Holden immediately falls in love. At a bar several days later, however Holden is shocked to learn that Alyssa is a lesbian. She still wants to be friends with him and he gets advice from both Banky and gay, black-rights activist Hooper on whether to pursue a relationship with her.
Rated R for trong graphic sex-related dialogue, language, sexuality and drug content.
Box office gross: $12.0 million.
Released by Miramax. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Jay and Silent Bob Reboot' beautifully resurrects the View Askewniverse
- We look back and rank the first two decades of Kevin Smith's films
- 'Tusk' DVD/Blu-ray latest to forego bonus features
- Project 52: 'Silver Linings Playbook'
- The death of subtlety in film
- We grill the experts at AwardsCircuit.com for Oscar answers