2003 Drama/Comedy Rated R 102 Minutes
|In Theaters||September 12, 2003|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||January 4, 2011|
|On DVD||February 3, 2004|
Bob Harris and Charlotte are two Americans in Tokyo. Bob is a movie star in town to shoot a whiskey commercial, while Charlotte is a young woman tagging along with her workaholic photographer husband. Unable to sleep, Bob and Charlotte cross paths one night in the luxury hotel bar. This chance meeting soon becomes a surprising friendship. Charlotte and Bob venture through Tokyo, having often hilarious encounters with its citizens, and ultimately discover a new belief in life's possibilities.
Rated R for some sexual content.
Box office gross: $43.9 million. View box office history.
Released by Focus. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Will 'St. Vincent' finally score an Oscar win for Bill Murray?
- Trailer for director Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere' is here
- Quentin Tarantino lists the best films since he broke into the business
- EW names best 100 movies in last 25 years, we name the top 10 snubs
- [UPDATED] CD Review: Scarlett Johansson loses her 'Head'
- Jack Black rocks, 'Rings' rolls at Oscars