2007 Horror Rated R 193 Minutes
|In Theaters||April 6, 2007|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||October 5, 2010|
|On DVD||Not Available|
Directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez present two full-length movies in a new horror double feature.
In Tarantino's "Death Proof," Austin's hottest DJ, Jungle Julia, sets out into the night to unwind with her two friends Shanna an Arlene. Covertly tracking their moves is Stuntman Mike, a scarred rebel leering from behind the wheel of his muscle car, revving just feet away.
In Rodriguez's "Planet Terror," two doctors find their graveyard shift inundated with townspeople ravaged by sores. Among the wounded is Cherry, a dancer whose leg was ripped from her body. As the invalids quickly become enraged aggressors, Cherry and her ex-boyfriend Wray lead a team of accidental warriors into the night.
Rated R for strong graphic bloody violence and gore, pervasive language, some sexuality, nudity and drug use.
Box office gross: $24.9 million. View box office history.
Released by Dimension and The Weinstein Company. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Best movies of 2011 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- Machete don't text, but he does drink ice tea
- New 'Machete' trailer is cool, but not legendary
- 'Predator' reboot is among workaholic Robert Rodriguez' many upcoming projects
- Our predictions for 2008's biggest box office movies
- FirstShowing.net's Best 19 Movies You Didn't See in 2007