2008 Action/Comedy Rated R 107 Minutes
|In Theaters||February 8, 2008|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||July 13, 2010|
|On DVD||June 24, 2008|
In Bruges (pronounced "broozh") is a darkly comic suspense thriller from Academy Award-winning writer/director Martin McDonagh tells the story of hit men Ray and Ken (Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson). After a botched job in London, the team is ordered by their boss Harry (Ralph Fiennes) to cool their heels in the storybook city of Bruges, Belgium. Very much out of their comfort zones, the men find themselves drawn into increasingly dangerous entanglements with locals, tourists, and a film shoot. As their stay in Bruges gets weirder, they realize Harry may have other plans for them than a simple vacation.
Rated R for strong bloody violence, pervasive language and some drug use.
Box office gross: $7.7 million. View box office history.
Released by Focus. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Reader Feedback: Your choices for great unappreciated films
- 'Slumdog' wins big at the 81st Annual Academy Awards
- 'Benjamin Button' leads nominations for 'Curious' 81st Academy Awards show
- 'Slumdog' looks like a million bucks at Golden Globe Awards
- Golden Globes bestow nominations on a bunch of movies you haven't seen yet