2013 Suspense/Crime/Drama Rated R 153 Minutes
|In Theaters||September 20, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||December 17, 2013|
|On DVD||December 17, 2013|
In the rural New England town of Brockton, Massachusetts, neighbors and friends the Dovers and the Birches gather for Thanksgiving dinner, but by the end of the night, their celebration turns to panic when the families' two youngest daughters go missing. As the hours pass and the girls don't turn up, it becomes terrifyingly apparent they've been kidnapped. After the cops fail to find them, Keller Dover (Hugh Jackman) decides to take the law into his own hands, running up against dedicated Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal). But even as Loki is diligently working against the clock to solve the case, Keller will stop at nothing to get their prime suspect to talk before it's too late.
Rated R for disturbing violent content including torture, and language throughout.
Box office gross: $61.0 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Creepy marionettes debut in latest 'Gone Girl' trailer
- '12 Years' wins Oscar for Best Picture, 'Gravity' grabs most
- 'Gravity' and 'Hustle' in old-fashioned Oscars tussle
- Project 52: 'Prisoners'
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'Gravity' is no turkey, but it gets one
- Monday Morning Mixer: Box office is kidnapped by 'Prisoners'